Browsing Strathmore Heritage Collection by Title
Now showing 1 - 20 of 41
Results Per Page
- ItemCelebrating 10 years of SU charter(Strathmore University, 2018) Strathmore, UniversityThis year marks 10 years since Strathmore University received its charter. On April 23rd 2008, the then President - His Excellency Mwai Kibaki and the former Prime Minister Raila Odinga awarded the charter at a ceremony held here at the University. Indeed 10 years is a big milestone, it is a journey and many wonderful big and small steps have been attained. It is an occasion to celebrate, to thank God for His graces as we pray for the years ahead
- ItemCelebrating 10 years of SU charter - Part II(Strathmore University, 2018) Strathmore, UniversityThis year marks 10 years since Strathmore University received its charter. On April 23rd 2008, the then President - His Excellency Mwai Kibaki and the former Prime Minister Raila Odinga awarded the charter at a ceremony held here at the University. Indeed 10 years is a big milestone, it is a journey and many wonderful big and small steps have been attained. It is an occasion to celebrate, to thank God for His graces as we pray for the years ahead.
- ItemData driven agribusiness - 5 Minutes with Sammy Langat(Strathmore University, 2017-03-17) Strathmore, UniversitySammy Langat, Managing Director of Transnational Bank, discusses the significance of data in agribusiness
- ItemExcellence is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well - Prof John Odhiambo(Strathmore University, 2019) Strathmore, UniversityProf John Odhiambo ( Vice Chancellor - Strathmore University) speaks at the Vice Chancellor’s Conference 2019 on the theme of Excellence: “The Greatness of Little Things”
- ItemFactors to consider before expanding your company-business globally - 5 Minutes With Mike Macharia(Strathmore Business School, 2016-05-20) Strathmore, UniversityMike Macharia, CEO, Seven Seas Technologies, shares his experience and lessons learnt in the global arena. Some of the factors he touches on include: Building blocks a company can use to scale into the global markets, Lessons learnt in regards to doing business in the global arena and What informed the decision to expand globally
- ItemFostering Local Investment - 5 min with Dr. Robert Mudida(Strathmore University, 2015-08-08) Strathmore, UniversityDr. Robert Mudida, an Economist and Public Policy Expert from Strathmore Business School shares his thoughts on how to foster and encourage local investment
- ItemHow micro entrepreneurs can leverage on technology to grow their businesses - 5min with Dr Bitange Ndemo(Strathmore University, 2016-08-04) Strathmore, UniversityDr. Bitange Ndemo, Associate Professor, University of Nairobi shares his insights on how micro entrepreneurs can leverage on technology to grow their businesses
- ItemHow to identify a good leader - 5 minutes with Prof. Alexandre Havard(Strathmore University, 2016-07-16) Strathmore, UniversityAlexandre Havard, creator of the Virtuous Leadership system, shares his insights on what to look out for when identifying a good leader
- ItemJagi soars on the wings of success(Strathmore University, 2005-02) University, StrathmoreWe lead with the story of Jagi Gakunju, the CEO AAR Health Services, Kenya.His is an inspiring story of a long journey that still continues.Our University features prominently in that journey, which is partly why we are glad to share his story with you.
- ItemNo legacy is so rich as honesty, Pro-Chancellor reminds graduands(Strathmore University, 2008-10) Strathmore, UniversityNo legacy is so rich as honesty, Pro-Chancellor reminds students, SU website most popular after media sites, Strathmore student loan scheme now operational
- Item#Opinion count - 1st Public debate : Sexual harassment(Strathmore University, 2018) Strathmore UniversityThe sexual harassment debacle in Hollywood that has reverberated in diverse arenas in the U.S and around the worlds, dubbed #MeToo has featured prominently in the media for now 3 months. Sexual harassment knows no position, choice, autonomy, gender or class, therefore we take it to Law in consideration to the Human rights and the constitution. Prof. Patricia Kameri-Mbote our moderator for the debate that canvassed two viewpoints; one being Sexual Harassment – A universalist Approach and the other Sexual Harassment – A cultural Relative Approach. The debate features constitutional and human rights lawyers and academics: Wachira Maina, Charles Kanjama, Dr. Agnes Meroka & Dr. Duncan Ojwang
- ItemOur History ( Strathmore ) : 53 Years of transforming Kenya Part 2 - Prof. David Sperling(Strathmore University, 2015) Strathmore, UniversityIn this second part of his interview, Strathmore college founding principal recalls Strathmore's journey from the mid 80's right before the 8-4-4 education model was instituted and what that meant to the future of Strathmore
- ItemOur History ( Strathmore ) : Strathmore through the last 60 years - Silvano Borruso(Strathmore University, 2018) Strathmore, UniversityMr. Silvano Borruso. 1st Bursar Strathmore School. He was one of the first members of Opus Dei that St. Josemaria sent to begin the Work in Kenya. He arrived in September of 1960. Watch out to have deeper insight of the Strathmore Journey through 60 years as its told by Sivano Borruso.
- ItemOur History ( Strathmore ) :Meeting the Saint - Prof. David Sperling(Strathmore University, 2018) Strathmore, UniversityProf. David Sperling. 1st Principal Strathmore School giving fond memories of Strathmore since its beginning to where it is during a staff retreat in Mombasa
- ItemOur History (Strathmore) - A brave new attitude towards race Part 1 by Prof D. Sperling(Strathmore University, 2015) Strathmore, UniversityStrathmore College was started in 1961 as an Advanced-level Sixth Form College offering Science and Arts subjects by a group of professionals, who formed a charitable Educational Trust (now the Strathmore Educational Trust). Saint Josemaría Escrivá, founder of Opus Dei, inspired and encouraged them to start the College. In this video, the first principal of the college when it started recalls the early days of the first multi racial school in Colonial Kenya and how it all began. This is the first part of the interview. Watch out for more.....
- ItemParenting - 5 minutes with Stephen Ng'ang'a(Strathmore University, 2015-10-02) Strathmore, UniversityStephen Ng'ang'a, Facilitator of Program for Family Development at Strathmore Business School and Academic Affairs manager in the Office of the DVC Academic Affairs at Strathmore University, shares his thoughts on the missing link in parenting and the role of parents in bringing up responsible young people
- ItemStrathmore Courier, 1996(Strathmore University, 1996-08) University, StrathmoreStrathmore Courier 1996 gives among other things history of Strathmore College and Kianda College, an overview of some aspects of the college life and an interview with Mr. Ngarachu a past student and lecturer of the College with a summary of 1995 graduation